Monday, September 1, 2008

No more job (or paycheck!)... time to head back to school

Monico is officially done working.

His last day as a file clerk for the Dussault Law Group, the same office I STILL work at as a paralegal (yes, I got him the job...) was on Friday, August 29th, and he starts class tomorrow morning!

Monico at his desk...



We had a going away party. Not much time for decorations,
so I tried to be clever with dri-erase...



We got the fiesta platter from Azteca restaurant down the street... YUM!!




We had some fun golfing this weekend. We did 9 holes at Interbay Golf, then did
the18 hole putting course. It was a FANTASTIC mini-golf location.
Had we not done the 9 holes, I wouldn't have even known it was there.
Monico won by 2 or 3 strokes.
(Out of humiliation, I actually didn't do the final tally, so I don't know for sure.)
We will definitely be back again for a rematch before the weather turns too sour.



Although the sun was out, it was kind'a chilly... thus my hat/sunglasses and sweatshirt combo.




As prep for his first day of school, I gave Monico a haircut.
Although we've been married for this long, one of the things I was previously
NEVER allowed to do was cut my husband's hair.
However, as he has now joined the ranks of the unemployed students,
he has agreed to let me do it to save the $20 or so he spends each time he goes.

Oh yeah, since we don't have a hair-cutting cape yet,
we used an emergency poncho instead!
Kind of ghetto, but it worked really well!

I think i did a fantastic job -- if I say so myself!!!

(Before)



(After)

2 comments:

donna said...

Monico love your new hair cut.........
Good luck in school:)

Rachel said...

What a great way to celebrate!

Funny about the hair. Every attempt I make to cut my hubby's hair ends with a buzz cut. SO I retired the scissors a long time ago (with the exception of cutting non-hair things, but then again, I have dabbled with my own hair..). He cuts his own now. You, on the other hand, have magic fingers (that's what HE said) and his hair cut looks fantabulous!