Friday, September 5, 2008

Awe... so cute!

After looking at photos on other peoples blogs, I loved the idea of scanning and posting old photos (thanks, Donna!), so I scoured my collection of photos we stole - um, I mean "borrowed" from our parent's collections, and tried to find photos of Monico and I at about the same age... which is hard when you don't have that many.

Hope you enjoy!!

This is a photo of me at 8 months (circa September 1979).
This is my favorite photo!!!


This photo of Monico looks as if he is about 3 months old.
Look at all that hair!!! Sheesh...


In this photo (taken at G&G Bagley's) was taken summer 1980,
so I would have been 18 months


It's anyone's guess on how old Monico was,
but my best guess is 12 months.
LOVE THE BLUE SUIT!!!


As a child of the 80s, I think this photo (circa 1984) is iconic:
a "Big Wheels" AND "jellies"?
Awesome.


Monico at his first day of school.
Have you ever seen a more complacent Kindergartner? LOL


And, just for fun, this is one of the engagement
photos we took (circa April 1998).

6 comments:

donna said...

I always enjoy looking at old pictures.. Ok your pictures aren't old.. You are to young to have old pictures.hehehehhhe

Michelle Olson said...

Melissa,
I'm so happy that you've been writing on our blog. We kind of lost touch for a few years, and this is a great way to keep in touch. Thanks for remembering me on my birthday! My in-laws are taking me out to dinner because Stephen is at work. He worked a 72 hour shift, but tomorrow he's hanging out with the kids while I go to the spa.... sounds great, huh? Then Saturday we'll do dinner and maybe a movie. So it'll be a nice drawn out birthday. And hey, It's kind of nice not being 29 anymore. I don't like the odd birthdays... Maybe it stems back to the days when my mom only let us celebrate with a party every other year- Anyway, sorry about the novel.
love ya!
Michelle
Hugs to Monico.

Rachel said...

These photos are priceless! That one of Monico in the blue suit kills me!

Janae @ Bring-Joy said...

Love the 80's picture. Brings back a lot of memories of you guys living in your old house. My favorite was your big oval pool. Is it still there?

Janae

Brandy said...

You kids are sooooo cute!! I hope my girls have curly hair like you! and I hope they all have as much hair as Monico. Little Monchichi!

Unknown said...

Melissa,

Hey love the blog but just a correction the picture of the baby in the blue is actually me not Monico. I asked my mom this weekend (but hey I'm freaking cute) I blame my mom, I had to use all the freaking hand me downs & as you can see I got ALL the hand me downs even the boys too :-)

Monica