Thursday, February 18, 2010

Reading

I don't have anything much to post at the moment, but because I was tired of seeing those desserts on my previous post each time I logged on I thought I would share the book I'm reading at the moment.



It's a large book (nearly 600-page hardback), but after 2 weeks of reading on the bus and on my lunch breaks I am nearly done with it. (Although the book was published in 2008, it reads like Steinbeck!) I like the anticipation of not knowing what is going to happen next, but it seems like it is excessively long. For me, it will all come down to how the ending plays out. Yes, I already snuck a look -- just last night, in fact -- and am wondering how I will feel when it is done. 100 more pages and I'll know.

I recommend reading it to anyone who loves dogs.

This is the first time since school that I have to have something read by a deadline, because Monday (Feb 22nd) I'm attending my first book club (I am "crashing" into my friend Emalei's club) to discuss it.

What book are you reading right now?

5 comments:

Emalei Ambrosio said...

Augh! I'm only on page 220, and will NOT finish it in time. OH NO! I'm not so lucky to have the commute time to read.

Abbie said...

Woah. I can't believe the club picked a 600 page book! But aren't book clubs fun? I am reading currently:

The United States of Europe by T.R. Reid.

In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan

And I just finished a fun book about a woman and her family living in France. :) It was called French by Heart.

I also just finished the Geography of Bliss. I would TOTALLY recommend that book to a book club. We read it in ours and it was such a good read!

Michelle Olson said...

I am about done with a book about a woman who lived in france, unlike Abbie's book, it hasn't been a very fun book. Very intriguing and facinating in a sad way. This girl grew up as a peasant, and overcame her odd's of succeeding in life, and faced challenges unique to her era.
This book is an eye opener.

A Life of Her Own
A Country Woman in Twentieth Century France
by Emilie Carles (Translated by Avriel H. Goldberger)

Unknown said...

I'm on Book 6 of the Sword of Truth Series, Faith of the Fallen. I've been told by several people (guys mostly) that this is the best book in the series. So we'll see. I'm only on page 74 of 539.

So far, the series has been really good. Although the last book was different. And I'm not sure if that's a good or bad different. But the book itself was good. Not great. There are 11 books in the series, not counting the prequel. Which I have read.

If you like Fantasy, Action, and Magic then this is a great series. And they have made a tv show after the books called Legend of the Seeker. It's loosely based on the books. The over all story line follows the books, but the details, for the most part. doesn't. But we like the show too. Zedd is just how we picture him in the books. The show is on Hulu if you wanna check it out before reading the books.

rmgrimmer said...

The Sword of Truth series was really good! I never finished it though. I stopped with book 8 because the last three hadn't been released yet, then left on my mission. I'd say that Faith of the Fallen was definitely one of the best out of that series.
Right now I'm reading Knife of Dreams, book 11 in the Wheel of Time Series. This is the most incredible series that I've ever read. There are 14 books in the series. So far there are still 2 books unpublished. It also has a prequel, so a 15 book series in all. I'm on page 200 of 837.
The wheel of time is extremely lengthy and involved, but if you ever find yourself a year or two of downtime (Lol), this series is definitely a must read. I would recommend it to absolutely anyone who loves adventure and fantasy.
Cheers to reading!
-- Rob