Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Behind on Blogging

My sister, Katy, has complained to me that I have been a bad girl for not updating my blog more often. So, here are some of the things I was up to during April 2009.

I went shopping at Old Navy and was disturbed, to say the least, that they are now selling WHITE demin! Gah!!!! Who is the marketing genius that said, "Hey. I got an idea. Now that we are the FATEST nation on the planet, why don't we sell white jeans in sizes up to 20 at our stores?" And apparently others agreed with him, because "whal-ah!" there they were. Ick.


Who needs a man to have beautiful flowers? Now that I work just a few blocks from Pike Place Market, I have to resist the urge to buy myself flowers every week! But, an occasional splurg is okay, right? (Then again, this beautiful bouquet of daffodils and tulips only cost $6.00!! I heart Pikes flowers.)


On our first weekend with weather over 70 degrees, we headed with the masses outdoors. Monico and I made a trip over to Alki Beach (in West Seattle) in time for some ice cream, fish and chips (ala Spuds), and a sunset.



And, of course, it wouldn't be Spring without baseball! Monico and I bought a family pack (i.e. 4 tickets for the price of 2) and invited my brothers Matt and Joe to join us for our first game of the season at Safeco field.


Welcome back, Griffey! (Now earn your keep as the Designated Hitter and HIT THE BALL!)

That is enough for now. This is already quite a jumble of recent activities anyway.

5 comments:

donna said...

You live a few blocks from Pike Place. Hmmmm I didn't know that. hey we will be in Seattle in July. Ryan has a Dental Conference. I will be taking the kids to the Seattle Center and to Pike Place.

Melissa DeLeon said...

No, I live in North Seattle (near Northgate), but the law office I work at is near Pike Place Market. I get to watch ferries come and go from the pier while eating my lunch!

Michelle Olson said...

Wow! what an awesome location! And I loved seeing your april recap. You and your brothers don't look related at all... ha ha.

Janae @ Bring-Joy said...

Glad you're back. I really do enjoy your lovely sense of humor and wit.

I'd buy flowers every day if I could too.

And I think Seattle is the new coolest city on earth, since my last trip there. Soooo pretty.

rmgrimmer said...

Yeah, Go Griffey! We love you!