Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Old photos - still fun

I have fallen behind on my blog entries, so I am going to try to play catch-up and post photos from the past couple of months. This blog is devoted to late October, when Monico and I went to the corn maze at Craven Farms in Skykomish, Washington. The Maze was made in the shape of the state of Washington, with the maze itself the highways and freeways in the state.


This is the photo printed in the paper of the maze. you can see the pumpkin patch area is directly above the maze, where B.C. would be. The farm house and barns are located in the "Pacific Ocean" to the left of the maze.

This is the pumpkin patch. Fairly picked over by the time we made it to the farm (on October 25th), but still a lot to choose from.

I thought this was so adorable! It is a train ride for little kids in "cattle carts."
I don't know the cost, but I can't imagine it would have been much.

This is part of the farm house and barn area where they sold goods and food and the portapotties were located.
LOOK HOW BLUE THE SKY WAS THAT DAY!! The weather was ideal.

To get to the maze entrance, they take you on a hay ride in these
tractor-pulled covered-wagons around the bottom of the state
and drop you on the Washington/Idaho border.

This is the Washington/Idaho border... just a reminder not to bring fruit from Idaho because of the Apple Maggot Quarantine. (hehe)


Monico waiting for me at the Spokane starting point. There were actually 3 entrances: Clarkston, Spokane, and... well actually I don't remember the third, but you can see the sign off in the distance behind Monico.

They had photos for nearly every town, including state parks and mountains. Although this one says "Tri-Cities" only, there were also plaques for Richland, Pasco, and Kennewick individually too.

I hope I don't have to explain this joke to any of you.

I couldn't believe it - even the fake Sunnyside looks run down!
But, at least it didn't smell like cow poop...

Even Batman took the opportunity to explore the maze that day...
(this kid was too cute not to capture!)
The end of the maze.

Me and my man.

We treated ourselves after the maze. They have the greatest baked goods available, many of which have either cinnamon or pumpkin. Clearly unable to choose, Monico took the pumpkin pie and I got the cinnamon roll...
and then we shared!

It was Monico's first corn maze, and thankfully he enjoyed it,
so it will be easier to convince him to go back again next year!

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Poor fake Sunnyside...

Michelle Olson said...

I love it! Oh, and it would've been more original with the cow poop.