Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monica, Seattle, and Twilight

My sister in law (SIL) Monica came to visit for Thanksgiving, staying from the weekend before until the weekend after, so we had a lot of time to play "tour guide" for her.

No weekend would be complete without a visit to Salty's famous brunch buffet! This photo was actually taken the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving, which is why the March of the Nutcrackers and the Christmas trees are part of the background.


We took the bus downtown to Westlake Center,
then rode the monorail to Seattle Center.

Atop the Space Needle. It was fairly gray day, but while at the top, the sun broke through the clouds, so you can see the variation of light and dark in the photo behind Monico and Monica.
Classic Seattle - sun and clouds!


Of course, no trip to Seattle is complete without a trip to the Public Market.
I love getting a half-dozen fresh mini-donuts whenever we are there!
Mmm...

Monico had classes and studying,
so a couple of days were only Monica and I.

On this afternoon, I took her on a speed tour of the notable sights....

Gas Works Park (Monica is freezing!!)...

The Fremont Troll...

and the Ballard Locks.


While Monico was in school,
Monica and I took a one-day trip to Port Angeles.
Monica has read the Twilight series, so she wanted to visit the town.
View of the historic portion of town.
The Victoria B.C. Ferry (not pictured) docs directly ahead.
Regarding Twilight (for those who care),
the Woolworths is one block to the immediate left in the photo,
the Bella Italia Restaurant is one block to the immediate right,
and the movie theater is to the right one block past the restaurant.




If I ever read the books, I will better understand the significance of these locations, which is why I made sure to take a photo of them while I was there!


2 comments:

donna said...

emily really wants to go to Port Angeles.

Unknown said...

Melissa, I had so much fun during that vacation :-) And you were the perfect tour guide too. I was actually telling my co-workers about it today :-)