Friday, May 30, 2014

The De Leon's -- 2014

I'm tired of seeing my nearly-two-year-old post at the top of my blog, so I'm adding a posting so I can see something new. Hello 2014! (Sorry to skip you, 2013, but I was busy.)

This photo was taken by my sister in law, Brandy, Easter Sunday (4/20/14) at the Yakima Arboretum. Nico wasn't very happy posing for photos, so we gave him his precious Blunky (his blanket-bunny snuggly) to hold... and chew... and then he was much happier. As a result, most photos have him with his buddy's ear in his mouth. Oh well, it's a memory-maker for sure!

Nico is 16 months old tomorrow (he'd be just over 14 months if born on his due date) and is still working on a lot of his developmental milestones for a one-year old, including walking and talking. We are still waiting for that first word. (Fingers-crossed for "mommy.")

I am finishing up my 2nd year at Central Washington University (CWU). Because of missing a term last year (academic maternity leave-of-absence) and because I haven't taken full classloads this year, I am roughly 7 classes (30 odd credits) away from graduating, so my status as a "Senior" will continue on through next school year. BUT, I've got summer off, so YAY!

Monico is finishing up his 2nd year teaching at Selah Intermediate School as a resource room special education teacher teaching math and English/literacy. He also worked as assistant athletic director to the school district during the 2013-2014 school year. Starting in this fall, he will be moving to Selah High School to continue working as a resource room special education teacher for English/Literacy and life skills -- he's VERY excited about moving back to work with older students!

It's been a crazy couple of years, with lots of changes -- moving to Yakima, buying a house, having a baby, working, going to school (among other things) -- and we are excited to spend another summer together... no school, no work... just us.

Until next time...

2 comments:

mom/Janet said...

I got tired of seeing that old picture on your blog too. Thanks for treating us to a new one. It's good to hear some updates.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

How did I miss this update? Better late than never! :)