Monday, July 12, 2010

Seattle Sunny-days

For those of you in-the-know, Seattle residents tolerate the bad weather here (overcast, rainy, cold) because the pay off is spectacular days when it is sunny.

Since the start of Spring, week after week we have had crappy weather. Last week, the temp jumped 25 degrees from one day to the next, going from high of 60 (Tuesday) to high of 85 (Wednesday).

By Thursday, Seattle hit a record high of 95 (for that day). We spent it at the Yankees vs. Mariners game at Safeco field.

My S-I-L, Monica, supporting the Yanks.
(Notice the slushie? Not a bad way to cool down.)

Monico and I.
He lent me his hat, so I could try to avoid burning my face too much.

Saturday, it was still quite warm, so we bbq'd dinner.

Everyone enjoyed being in our backyard, expecially the puppies.
(Can you see Lexi's doggie grin?)

We visited my parents a couple weeks ago, and my dad slipped us some Yakima Valley asparagus. A little spray-on olive oil, salt-n-pepper, and Mrs. Dash and we got ourselves yummy-deliciousness!

Found some yellow corn at Safeway 5/$1.
If you have never grilled corn before, I recommend it. My way, carefully peel back the husk, butter the corn, pull the husk back over and grill on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, rotating for even cooking every 5 minutes. Mmm-mmm.
After much activity over the prior hot days, Monico took the opportunity on a cooler Sunday morning to sleep in a bit longer. The doggies joined him and all enjoyed a lazy morning.

1 comment:

donna said...

looks like a great weekend..
OH i love to BBQ in the summer.... Plus when we BBQ, Ryan does most of the work. I just have to make a few side dishes.